The San Diego Half Marathon and 5K are just around the corner!
While you prepare for your final weeks of training, send this to your friends and family so they can find the perfect spot to cheer for you on event day!
Hang out on North Harbor Drive along the Broadway Pier and Maritime Museum for a beautiful view of San Diego Bay and your runner!
Bring a lawn chair down to Harbor Island Park and enjoy one of the best views of Downtown San Diego!
Head down to the Spanish Landing Trail and watch the runners pass the beautiful monument at Cancer Survivors Park. The Spanish Landing Trail also boasts long grassy stretches, park benches, water fountains, and a playground, making it a family-friendly spot!
As the runners make their way down Cushing Road near Liberty Station, set up a lovely picnic at NTC Park. Bring a yummy snack and let the little ones run about the expansive, grassy park while you wait for your runner.
Bring a cowbell and your loudest cheers to the intersection of Washington and India Street, where your runner is heading into the big climb!
Line up along University Avenue in Hillcrest to give runners a well-deserved boost of encouragement after finishing the climb!
Find a beautiful grassy spot on 6th Avenue in Balboa Park to cheer on your favorite runners as they enter the final downtown stretch!
For a downtown viewing, find a spot along 6th Avenue, north of E Street, or on 5th Avenue, between E and J Street.
The Finish Line:
Cheer on the runners and watch their exciting accomplishment of crossing the finish line in the Gaslamp Quarter! Be sure to give yourself extra time to meander, shop, and eat among the local downtown businesses! Parking is conveniently located along the downtown streets or in one of the many paid lots and garages.
- Cheer on runners as they pass by! Make a sign, bring a cowbell, and raise your voice – your encouragement goes a long way.
- Create a unique sign with a funny running joke, your loved one’s name, or some encouraging words for all the runners.
- Wear comfortable shoes. You may have to stand and wait for your loved ones to pass by.
- Prepare for the weather. Check the forecast and dress appropriately. Remember your sunscreen!
- Support local businesses! Many great restaurants, coffee shops, and local establishments are along the course.
Keep Track of Your Runner with FREE Real-Time Live Tracking
- From your mobile device, download the RTRT App – now available in the App Store! App » RTRT.me
- From your desktop computer, you can also use the RTRT Web Tracker