Sheraton Event Day Transportation
If you are staying at the Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina, your room package includes event day bus transportation. See below for details specific to your event.
Buses to the Half Marathon Start
- The only way to access the half marathon start line is via an event-provided bus. There are no participant drop-offs allowed at or near the start line.
- 4:30 – 5:30 AM – Buses depart from the front of the Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina to the half marathon start area at Cabrillo National Monument (runners only, no spectators)
- Follow the direction of event personnel to load onto one of the half marathon start line busses. There will be a separate, marked 5K bus going to the 5K start in Balboa Park. Please double-check that you are on the correct bus. If you get on the incorrect bus, you will likely not be able to get to your correct race start in time.
- To board the bus, you must already have your half marathon bib number. If you cannot attend the expo and pick up your bib number due to your travel arrangements, let us know before the end of the expo and we will leave your materials at the front desk. Otherwise, you will need to make separate arrangements to first get your bib at Balboa Park on race morning before going to Cabrillo. There is a race day bib pick-up fee of $20.
Buses to the 5K Start
- 5:10 AM – One bus departs from the front of the hotel to the the 5K start/finish line. Sheraton guests that are both runners and spectators may use this bus.
- Follow the direction of event personnel to load onto the marked 5K bus. There will be separate, non-marked half marathon buses going to the half marathon start at Cabrillo National Monument. Please double-check that you are on the correct bus. If you get on the incorrect bus, you will likely not be able to get to your correct race start in time.
- To board the bus, you should already have your 5K bib number. If you cannot attend the expo due to your travel arrangements, let us know before the end of the expo and we will leave your materials at the front desk. Otherwise, you will need to pick up your bib at Balboa Park on race morning for a $20 fee.
- You can drive yourself to the 5K start/finish area. Follow the driving directions below. Public parking is available throughout Balboa Park and the surrounding area. Allow yourself at least an extra 30 minutes for parking.
Spectators Staying at the Sheraton
Although spectators are not allowed at the half marathon starting line, spectators are welcome and encouraged to visit the Finish Line Festival in Balboa Park, which is also the location of the 5K start/finish line. There are a few transportation options for getting from the Sheraton to the Finish Line Festival:
- Take the 5K bus, which departs at 5:10 AM
- Use a service such as Uber, Lyft, or a taxi
- Drive a personal vehicle using the directions below. To avoid traffic delays on race morning, exit the hotel prior to 6:30 AM. There will be significant delays between 7 and 8:30 AM:
- From the main entrance of the hotel, turn left onto Harbor Island Drive
- Turn right onto N Harbor Drive
- Turn left onto Grape
- Take Interstate 5 South
- Exit 10th Avenue to A Street
- Turn left onto A Street
- Turn left onto Park Boulevard
- Parking is available on the east side of Park Boulevard at President’s Way and further north along Park Boulevard
Return Buses from the Finish Line Festival to the Sheraton
- 8:30 – 10:45 AM – Buses will depart from the northwest corner of Park Blvd & Presidents Way, in Balboa Park back to the Sheraton (runners and spectators allowed). The shuttle pick-up location can be seen on the finish line area map here.