Directions / Parking / Shuttles
IMPORTANT: Please note that the only way to access the start line is via an event-supplied shuttle. There are no participant drop offs allowed at or near the start line and vehicles, pedestrians or bicycles will not be allowed past Electron Drive, located more than 2 miles from the start line. If you miss the last bus to the start line, you will not be able to run the half marathon.
For the half marathon, the shuttle buses will leave from the finish area from 4:00 – 5:15 AM ONLY. There are two bus stops where you can catch the bus to the start area:
- The southwest corner of Presidents Way and Park Boulevard
- The corner of Zoo Place and Park Boulevard
Masks will be required on the shuttle to the Half Marathon start and on the shuttles to and from the Sheraton. You can wear your own mask or the event will provide a disposable mask as you are boarding the shuttle. If you bring your own mask, please keep in mind gear check is only available through Mobile Locker. More information on purchasing a mobile locker can be found here.
The half marathon and 5K finish in Balboa Park near the intersection of Park Boulevard and Presidents Way. This is also where the half marathon start line shuttle pickup takes place as well as the post-race Finish Line Festival.
Driving south on I-5:
|– Exit 10th Avenue
– Left on ‘A’ Street
– Left on Park Boulevard
|-OR-||– Exit Pershing Drive
– Left Florida Drive
– Left on Zoo Place, straight to Zoo parking
Driving north on 1-5
|– Exit Pershing Drive
– Left Florida Drive
– Left on Zoo Place
– Straight to Zoo parking
Driving south on Highway 163:
– Exit Park Boulevard
Public parking is available throughout Balboa Park and the surrounding area. Allow yourself at least an extra 30 minutes for parking.
The largest parking lots are off Park Blvd. at the intersections of Park Blvd./Zoo Place and Park Blvd./Presidents Way. Both lots are close to a bus loading location for the half marathon start line. All half marathon participants must take the bus to the start line.
The closest parking lot to the 5K start/finish line is the lot at Park Blvd./Presidents Way.
Staying at the Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina?
Shuttles: If you are staying at the official race headquarters hotel, your room package includes bus transportation directly from the Sheraton to the half marathon start area or to the 5K start. Return buses to the Sheraton will be available at the finish area. Masks will be required on the shuttle. You can wear your own mask or the event will provide a disposable mask as you are boarding the shuttle. If you bring your own mask, please keep in mind gear check is only available through Mobile Locker. More information on purchasing a mobile locker can be found here.
- 4:30 – 5:30 AM – Buses depart for Half Marathon start area (runners only, no spectators)
- 5:10 AM – Bus departs for 5K (runners and spectators allowed)
- 8:30 – 11 AM – Buses depart from finish area back to the Sheraton (runners and spectators allowed)
Spectators staying at the Sheraton: Spectators who want to go to the finish line from the hotel have two options:
- Take the 5K shuttle, which departs at 5:10 AM
- Use a service such as Uber, Lyft or a taxi
Directions from the Sheraton to the finish line (for spectators): To avoid traffic delays on race morning, exit hotel prior to 6:30 AM There will be significant delays between 7 and 8:30 AM:
- From the hotel main entrance turn left onto Harbor Island Drive
- Turn right onto N Harbor Drive
- Turn left onto Grape
- Take Interstate 5 South
- Exit 10th Avenue to A Street
- Turn left onto A Street
- Turn left onto Park Boulevard
- Parking is available on the east side of Park Boulevard at Presidents Way and further north along Park Boulevard